As a regionally based group, The Centre of Excellence in Natural Resource Management (CENRM) has maintained networks in national natural resource management activities and has worked with regional organisations and communities on matters where evidence-based science is important to their policy and operation.
CENRM staff have worked actively with our community and with The University of Western Australia to communicate the outcomes of our research and to deliver an educational program and objectives.
- CENRM Advisory Board
- The CENRM Advisory Board was established in 2011 and replaced the original CENRM Board of Management.
- Great Southern International Colloquium on Biodiversity 1. Life on Granite Outcrops
- The inaugural Great Southern International Colloquium on Biodiversity 1 - Life on Granite Outcrops - took place 19-20 February 2016 and focused on global advances in understanding of granite outcrop organisms, including their relationships with people.
- Great Southern Science Council
- The Great Southern Science Council, formed in 2011, was convened by CENRM to address a need for improved coordination and integration of sciences in a region that is increasingly recognised for its unique biodiversity and tourism.
- Arjen Ryder Memorial Scholarship
- Arjen Ryder, 54, and his wife Yvonne, 53, were two of the West Australians who lost their lives on flight MH17 in the Ukraine plane disaster. This Scholoarship has been set up in memory of them, for students studying agriculture and with practical application in the region. The scholarship will be awarded to a student living in the Albany region who is studying at the UWA Centre of Excellence in Natural Resource Management. The scholarship will reflect Arjen’s expertise in soil biology, particularly dryland salinity.